[Vision2020] Gritman's Incompetence on CNN

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 17:11:20 PDT 2007

Paul,

  I will seriously doubt that Gritman will do any type of extensive investigation to see how many people are treated with the wrong file. That type of investigation would only hinder Gritman and even possibly shut it down. Any investigation done by Gritman is, not surprisingly, going to be only for the purposes of vindicating itself.

  I think a criminal investigation should be conducted by an independent counsel to determine what happened rather than leaving the accused entity to determine its own guilt or innocence.

  While I would accept bad medical treatment over no medical treatment, I would rather avoid the problem altogether by avoiding a hospital that I know has such issues with paperwork, treatment, and billing.

  My experience with health care facilities, and I have been to many, many of them, is that health care issues are like coach roaches, if you see one out in the open, chances are there many more somewhere else you cannot see.

  It is not my duty to "win over hearts and minds" but to only speak what I feel is the truth. If you want to disbelieve the person telling you a train is coming and not to sleep on the railroad tracks, and you don't like the way the person tells you, sleeping on the railroad tracks is not going to have a different consequence.

  You have every right to seek medical treatment at Gritman. But thankfully, we also have the the right to avoid Gritman. And that is a right I freely exercise. I try to get the best medical treatment I can. And I would suspect, others would wish the same.

  Best,

  Donovan

Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Donovan,

You made a couple of valid points in previous posts, specifically
concerning the dangers of using the wrong medical file and raising the
possibility that the death of the original person with the same name may
be due to that problem.

However, taking such a combative stance against Gritman because of this
is not winning over the hearts and minds of the rest of us. Believe me,
if I'm dying NOW, I'll take the small chance that they'll give me
something I'm allergic to.

I'm hoping that the administrators at Gritman do an investigation to
determine if the wrong medical file contributed in any way to the death
of Jeremy Charles Bass, and that they take steps to ensure that this
doesn't happen again.

Paul

Donovan Arnold wrote:
> Still, the odds are probably in his favor. Treating a patient with the
> wrong medical file can be deadly, especial if you're allergic to
> penicillin or epinephrine.
>
> Best,
>
> Donovan
>
> */Paul Rumelhart /* wrote:
>
> Glenn Schwaller wrote:
> > I will happily wave, one way or another, at Gritman as I zoom
> past on
> > my way to Spokane for medical care.
> >
> > GS
>
> You're going to feel a little silly when you bleed out an hour
> into the
> trip.
>
> At least your paperwork will be in order.
>
> Paul

> List services made available by First Step Internet,
> http://www.fsr.net
> mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com