[Vision2020] IKEA vs. Walmart

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 28 12:21:07 PDT 2007

Greetings:

Newwest On-Line Magazine moved my column on IKEA (www.class.uidaho.edu/ngier/ikea.htm to the their Frontpage, and I've appended the first comment below.  I've added Crabtree's comment on IKEA's poor on-line service. Note the brick and mortar customer comment from below: "The service was miles above average. That may say something about the contentment of employees."

The American-Swedish Chamber of Commerce found my column on Google News and they will reprint it in their newsletter that reaches 50,000 businesses in the U.S.

Also, this humble low wattage radio commentator has just been offered a weekly column with the Idaho State Journal in Pocatello.

Nick Gier

By Jill Kuraitis, 9-28-07

What a coincidence. I just got back from a Big City where we installed our daughter in her sophomore place of residence, and we went to IKEA for just about everything. My first time in an IKEA. Sheesh, you have to eat your Wheaties before a trip - seriously. It's a half-day project to do the shopping, then another half to put the stuff together. But the designs are dynamite, the assembly directions terrific, and all in all I'd do it again, if I had the strength.

The service was miles above average. That may say something about the contentment of employees...