[Vision2020] Senator Larry Craig Challenges Guilty Plea

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 21:09:47 PDT 2007

Sunil et. al.

I made my statement about the charges against Craig being dropped if he had
contested them based on statements from lawyers commenting on this case.
Below read quote from one of them:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation/bal-te.craig30aug30,0,6053476.story

Several lawyers in Minnesota said Craig could have avoided the embarrassment
of having to admit committing a crime if he had hired a lawyer in the first
place. Minnesota, like many states, has special programs that allow
first-time offenders to have charges against them dropped after a year if
they do not engage in any further misconduct.

"Very likely, a lawyer would have gotten one of those dispositions ... and
Craig could have said, 'I never admitted I did anything wrong,' " said
Stephen Simon, a professor at the University of Minnesota law school.

-----

And for those who really want to explore the case Craig's attorney's are
making in his defense, here's a pdf link to the legal eagles arguments:

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/09/10/craig.motion.pdf

Ted Moffett