[Vision2020] Incumbent City Council Members Stacking the Election

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 11:04:47 PDT 2007

The Mayor has indicated that she could not appoint anyone to the city council because members of the council were unwilling to approve any appointment until after the last filing date to be placed on the ballot. http://www.moscow.id.us/pressrelease.asp

  In my opinion it is unethical behavior to use the power of your office to rig the ballot as to not have any serious competition on election night. Kit Craine should have been appointed long ago, and for other members of the city council to keep her (or any new appointee) off the ballot so they have a better chance of reelection seems unbecoming of an elected official and this clearly moves AGAINST the best interests of the people of Moscow to have as many qualified candidates as possible on the ballot.

  In my opinion, the incumbent candidates on the City Council have demonstrated they are willing to use the power of their office to make damaging decisions against the people of Moscow, like preventing a quality candidates like Kit Craine from being on the ballot, for their own selfish interests and personal gains.

  MOSCOW DESERVES BETTER.

  Best,

  Donovan J Arnold