[Vision2020] Federal Reserve Head Greenspan: Iraq Invasion For Oil

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 11:49:31 PDT 2007

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2170661,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=12

...Mr Greenspan, the former Federal Reserve chairman, said in an interview
with the Guardian that the invasion of Iraq was aimed at protecting Middle
East oil reserves: "I thought the issue of weapons of mass destruction as
the excuse was utterly beside the point."

In the book Mr Greenspan writes: "Whatever their publicised angst over
Saddam Hussain's 'weapons of mass destruction', American and British
authorities were also concerned about violence in the area that harbours a
resource indispensable for the functioning of the world economy. I am
saddened that it is politically inconvenient to acknowledge what everyone
knows: the Iraq war is largely about oil."