[Vision2020] No Charges For Men Who Pointed Guns at One Another at Tattoo Parlor

Warren Hayman whayman at roadrunner.com
Fri Sep 14 15:14:56 PDT 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: J Ford
  To: vision2020 at moscow.com
  Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 3:06 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vision2020] No Charges For Men Who Pointed Guns at One Another at Tattoo Parlor

  Is the Moscow Police Department stand that unless a threat is actually voiced, no violence is intended or implied by guns that are being pointed at another person?  The very fact that a "fight" had ensued implies violence, yes?

  You're kidding me, right?!

  So who were the actors in this farce?

  J :]

  > From: thansen at moscow.com
  > To: vision2020 at moscow.com
  > Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:57:30 -0700
  > Subject: [Vision2020] No Charges For Men Who Pointed Guns at One Another at Tattoo Parlor
  >
  > As a preface to the following article I offer a compromise, a compromise
  > between allowing every citizen to carry handguns and Mayor Chaney's
  > suggested policy of disallowing anybody from carrying a firearm in town.
  >
  > My offered compromise is quite simple. Each and every person would be
  > permitted to carry firearms in town. They simply cannot possess bullets.
  >
  > Thoughts?
  >
  > >From today's (September 14, 2007) Moscow-Pullman Daily News -

  > No charges for men who pointed guns at one another at tattoo parlor
  >
  > Staff report
  >
  > Moscow police detained four men outside Untamed Art Tattoo parlor Thursday
  > afternoon following a report of a fight involving weapons.
  >
  > Two of the men had been in an argument at the parlor and pointed guns at
  > each other, Moscow Assistant Police Chief David Duke said. While taking the
  > men's statements, however, police determined "no threats of violence or no
  > fear was initiated on the part of either one."
  >
  > Since police determined the men were not in fear of being harmed and neither
  > man wanted to pursue criminal charges, they were released, Duke said. The
  > other two men were detained because police did not initially know how many
  > people were involved in the fight.
  >
  > The fight was reported shortly after 2 p.m. at the tattoo parlor at 230 West
  > Third St. The two men, a 37-year-old Moscow resident and a 51-year-old
  > Moscow resident, argued orally about a "difference of opinion" but did not
  > become physical, Duke said.
  >
  > At some point during the argument the men pointed guns at each other - the
  > 37-year-old had a Derringer and the 51-year-old had a semiautomatic handgun,
  > Duke said. The guns had been put away when police arrived.

  > Seeya round town, Moscow.
  >
  > Tom Hansen
  > Moscow, Idaho
  >
  > "We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students. The college
  > students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."
  >
  > - Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)

  > List services made available by First Step Internet,
  > http://www.fsr.net
  > mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

  Kick back and relax with hot games and cool activities at the Messenger Café. Play now!

   List services made available by First Step Internet,
            mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com