[Vision2020] No Charges For Men Who Pointed Guns at One Another at Tattoo Parlor

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Sep 14 13:57:30 PDT 2007

As a preface to the following article I offer a compromise, a compromise
between allowing every citizen to carry handguns and Mayor Chaney's
suggested policy of disallowing anybody from carrying a firearm in town.

My offered compromise is quite simple.  Each and every person would be
permitted to carry firearms in town.  They simply cannot possess bullets.

Thoughts?

>From today's (September 14, 2007) Moscow-Pullman Daily News -

No charges for men who pointed guns at one another at tattoo parlor

Staff report

Moscow police detained four men outside Untamed Art Tattoo parlor Thursday
afternoon following a report of a fight involving weapons.

Two of the men had been in an argument at the parlor and pointed guns at
each other, Moscow Assistant Police Chief David Duke said. While taking the
men's statements, however, police determined "no threats of violence or no
fear was initiated on the part of either one."

Since police determined the men were not in fear of being harmed and neither
man wanted to pursue criminal charges, they were released, Duke said. The
other two men were detained because police did not initially know how many
people were involved in the fight.

The fight was reported shortly after 2 p.m. at the tattoo parlor at 230 West
Third St. The two men, a 37-year-old Moscow resident and a 51-year-old
Moscow resident, argued orally about a "difference of opinion" but did not
become physical, Duke said.

At some point during the argument the men pointed guns at each other - the
37-year-old had a Derringer and the 51-year-old had a semiautomatic handgun,
Duke said. The guns had been put away when police arrived.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)