[Vision2020] A Strategy of Peace

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Sep 13 20:32:01 PDT 2007

Ellen -

Not only did we feel that we could change the world for the better back
then, we did.

The sexual revolution.  Human rights.  Questioning authority.  It was all
part of evolution out of the puritan 1950s, when women's only place was in
the kitchen and nobody dared to "make waves", through the 1960s when people
woke up and decided to make a better world.  All this was going on while
sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, and spouses were sent to a little known
corner of the world known as Vietnam.

We're not older, Ellen.  We're wiser.

Although there were some activities back then that I had done, or
participated in, that are not necessarily anything to be proud of, the good
that came out of it all, far outweighs the bad.

And as Debi suggests we should not only recruit the next generation to
maintain the movement, we should lead by example.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"I can't.

You can't.

We can."