[Vision2020] Lost in a World of Red and Green

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 5 20:05:00 PDT 2007

Isn't Ikea Swedish for cheap particle board? After finally taking the time
to read a Gier editorial all the way to the end, I'm amazed (not really) at
the level of spin. Cheap, u-assemble, flat packed, furniture that's made in
China from Wal-Mart is evil but slap a trendy sticker on the box that says
Ikea and suddenly we are living with European flair and panache. Spare me.

Ikea offers no health care plans in their European and Canadian locations,
relying on government provided services and that makes them superior to
Wal-Mart which provides several levels of care options for its employees to
CHOOSE from? I'm afraid that its hard for me to see you throwing that one
into your plus column.

Perhaps what Ikea excels at is customer service? Please see:

http://www.epinions.com/Ikea_Online_Store/display_~reviews

I guess that one doesn't cut it either.

All in all, I'll take a home grown company and a local employer, selling no
frills merchandise at a reasonable price, with a refund policy second to
none over  the same product for a higher price from a company with a poor
customer service record and a spurious "shared liberal values" PR spiel
every time. You can keep the sticker.