[Vision2020] Way to go Idaho Vandals

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 12:18:16 PDT 2007

A nice take on the game from a staunch USC fan, who posted this on the
Vandal football board after the game:  Wow - Your Team Has HEART

I've been an SC fan nearly 40 years now, and have noticed one common thread
between overmatched opponents:

Most quit.

Your team NEVER did.

Case in point: When we played OU in the MNC game, most saw and heard Dan
Cody mug for the cameras DURING the game "When's the next redeye outta
here?"

Our players spoke of comments of surrender DURING the game from Sooner
opponents.

Yesterday, we saw your team refuse to get intimidated by USC...even after
they got down by 21 on our first 3 possessions. Hell, I saw something
entirely DIFFERENT than I saw against the Sooners and other overmatched
opponents:

Your guys got tougher, not weaker and wimpy.

Think Vandal players will be intimidated in any other game or scenario this
year? Think they'll quit, knowing what persevering resulted in yesterday?

Doubtful!

You guys have a lot to be proud of, and hopeful for, this season, and in the
coming years.

One of your coaches shot a text message to Nick Holt when the team plane
landed, of which he shared.

"Vandals have landed. It's wartime. Take it outside".

Apparently he wasn't kidding, and your players must've also got the message.

Good luck this year...I'll be pulling for your turnaround ,and will be the
first in line to congratulate you when you kick BSU's azz.