[Vision2020] Dispel the anti-growth myth

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Oct 29 20:06:54 PDT 2007

Jeff Harkins stated:

"New retail doesn't hurt us - in fact it may make the community more
attractive to potential residents, but it doesn't really mitigate our need
for new economic development."

Please enlighten us, Mr. Harkins.  How is retail going to "make the
community more attractive to potential residents" if the jobs are not here
to sufficiently raise a family?  That is unless, of course, your scope of
"residents" is limited to those between 18 and 22 years of age.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)