[Vision2020] 9/11-what should our reaction have been?

Kai Eiselein fotopro63 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 28 20:40:16 PDT 2007

My own reaction: Concern for family on the east coast first. Pure anger second.
Later, I considered changing my middle name, Tariq, because it is Arabic. I discussed it with my mother, she was understanding of why I might do so.
After much thought, I came to the conclusion that for me to change my name would be giving in to those SOB's, they would have won the battle of fear.
Because of my decision, 9/11 has affected me on a personal level, especially when travelling by air. In the year after the attack, I was subject to very close scrutiny by security, including a strip search at one airport and being followed by a soldier everywhere I went in another. Things have eased as of late, rather than having to completely empty my camera bag of all my gear for physical inspection every time I go through security, its been run through the x-ray machines without issue and I haven't been pulled aside for an extra search.