[Vision2020] Noise Ordinance Amendment Update

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 15:38:18 PDT 2007

Mr, Clevenger -whomever you may be:

You state:

"Duke's analogy was police ticketing drivers if they break the law.
Driving is not a guaranteed constitutional right.  You need to get a
drivers license in order to legally drive.  There are set rules and
speed limits you must follow and there is a potential for physically
hurting or killing someone if you are reckless.

Free
speech and the right to assembly, on the other hand, are guaranteed by
the First Amendment to our Constitution.  This is a civil liberty that
as Americans we should be proud of and defend against those who wish to
limit it."

My response:

B U N K!

Blasting your music at 3am, fighting on the streets at the same hour, ripping your car through neighborhoods at the same hour, peeing and defecating on neighbor's property, "partying" are NOT - that's NOT!!!!! - guaranteed rights.  These "parties" and attendees are NOT practicing "free speech" (last I heard "Prince" and "Black Sabbath" do not live in Moscow) by blasting the so-called-music and waking everyone up in the area.  Being at a "party" is not assembly; it is what it is - a PARTY!  Those people are not gathered there for any political or social-affecting reason - they are there to get drunk, be loud, and they do a bang-up job of disturbing the entire area.

It MAY be only 17% of the population that is doing this "partying" - but it affects a whole lot more than 17% of the population when they are this disruptive and unruly.

J  :]