[Vision2020] Followup: Alaska Senator Ted Stevens In Anchorage Daily News

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:39:48 PDT 2007

YES, the TYPE of emergency is new - i.e., the fact that PERMANENT villages are having to be moved to higher ground.

What you refuse to acknowledge is the fact that these people have a VERY, very long history of moving from one place to another.  THEY ARE/WERE A MIGRATORY PEOPLE.   It wasn't until they were made to stay put that others see/saw "emergencies" such as what you are reporting.

In all due respect for Sen. Ted (a personal family friend) the quote and whole of his missive had to do more with the expenditure of monies and the moving of a whole fixed-structure-village that is new...not the fact that the natives have to move.

It would be nice if you would do more than look at the end of your nose to see the effects of things.  Again, I am not denying that people affect their surrounding area; all I'm saying and what Ted said is that a great deal of what is happening now has been building for 100's of years and will always be an issue - we just panic where other animals adapt.

J  :]