[Vision2020] Climate Scientists Invite Debate Online

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 04:23:06 PDT 2007

Saundra et. al.

Thanks for your compliment.

As for the other recent comments, some Vision2020 participants do not read
very carefully.

But at least Roger Falen noted that I posted an article that was critical of
the global warming scientific consensus, that came from the Realclimate web
site.  Realclimate is open for public comment.  You will find opinions
galore on this website, from numerous points of view, though it is devoted
to scientific information, discussion and debate, not political or economic
oriented discussion.  The "side" of this website is called "Science."

The comment about only posting information to support my "side" (which is
what the best science currently indicates, given the consensus in the
scientific community), appeared oblivious to the article I posted that
attacked the very scientific consensus on global warming I have been
defending.

But Roger, did you read the report from the Union of Concerned Scientists on
solutions to global warming, focusing on the USA Northeast, that I have
referenced on Vision2020 several times?  This report was written integrating
the work of economists and climate scientists, to find realistic solutions
using both the public and private sector.  I am not "not looking at market
driven ways to solve the problem" nor have I implied that "we should go back
to the horse and buggy or to the cave."  I could document this claim
extensively.

You do a disservice to Vision2020 by making these kind of false implications
that obviously are not based on a careful reading of what someone has posted
to the list.

Ted Moffett