[Vision2020] Scientific Consensus: Global Warming: Skepticism &Replicatability

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Oct 22 05:46:47 PDT 2007

Paul Rumelhart stated:

"We have a finite amount of resources to throw at the world's problems.  For
example, what are we doing about the imminent expansion of our Sun into a
red giant?  That will kill everyone on Earth.  We don't know exactly when
that will occur, and exactly how long it will take.  Shouldn't we be
developing shields, moving to Mars, or something?"

So, when confronted with environmental challenges (water conservation, use
of alternative fuels, etc. etc.), it appears we have three choices.

1)  We can be proactive and initiate and enforce preservation programs (as
suggested by Andreas Schou), or

2)  We can sit on our hands, do nothing, and spend our children's future (as
suggested by Gary Crabtree), or

3)  We can make a joke of it (as suggested by Paul Rumelhart).

It's your world, Mr. Rumelhart.  I'm just passing through.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)