[Vision2020] Bursting water mains

cynthia nichols cynthiann0 at mac.com
Sat Oct 20 08:48:12 PDT 2007

Reading BJ's e-mail about water, made me think of another water issue.

I'd like to know how the pro-growth advocates will pay for new water
mains when all this growth completely overtaxes existing city
infrastructure like water mains. I know of at least two water main
bursts that took place about a month or two ago--those are merely the
ones I'm aware of--there are probably other incidents as well.

Are you going to have taxpayers foot the bill? (I know that you'd say
asking developer fees to offset the cost would certainly be "anti-
business".)

Of course, when the water's gone, I guess we won't have to worry so
much about water mains bursting--but shouldn't we be planning ahead
and taking care of what's already here before outgrowing our
infrastructure?

cynthia nichols