[Vision2020] Water Concern?

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 18 19:36:42 PDT 2007

Interesting. If the incumbent candidates you favor are so concerned (and "responsible") with water usage in Moscow, unlike their challengers, why did the city of Moscow not follow its own regulations for lawn watering? The grass (and sidewalks) around city hall sure received more than its fair share of water as did gormley mtn. view and east city park. Why do they continually favor the dedication of additional park land? Land which, like the golf course in Pullman, will require huge amounts of water to maintain. I have not heard the candidates your organization endorses make any resolutions to address the water issues in Moscow other than in the form of anti-growth anti-business rhetoric. If it's outrageous to want to have a green lawn and an aesthetically pleasant and restful cemetery why not apply the same standard to city property? (300 sq. ft. of xeriscape at the 1912 bldg. excepted, of course.) I believe that as far as the MCA candidates are concerned the water issue is a tool first and a genuine concern a distant second.