[Vision2020] Moscow Social Justice Forum

Bill London london at moscow.com
Tue Oct 16 14:02:30 PDT 2007

    From:   Gary J. Riedner, Moscow City Supervisor, 206 E. 3rd St., Moscow, Idaho 83843, telephone: (208) 883-7006, Fax: (208) 883-7018, e-mail: griedner at ci.moscow.id.us
    c:         Mayor, City Council, City Management Team
    Date:    October 11, 2007
    Re:       Moscow Human Rights Commission to Hold a Social Justice Forum

    The Moscow Human Rights Commission announces a Social Justice Forum, "Murder, Weapons and Violence on the Palouse: What Should We Do?" to be held Thursday, October 18, 2007 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Moscow Hamilton Indoor Recreation Center, 1724 E. F Street.

    Numerous panelists have been invited, including judges, lawyers, professors, and mental health professionals.

    The purpose of the forum, states Moderator Tim Gresback, is to "discuss the reasons for the recent increase in homicides and explore what measures can be taken to decrease the likelihood of future tragedies."

    Following short panelist presentations, the public is invited to ask questions.  Moscow Human Rights Commission Chair Ken Faunce states that "we wanted to provide the community a voice in shaping our evolving strategies to cope with violence."