[Vision2020] Coulter's Dream - from CNN

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 23:08:10 PDT 2007

"Father!  Why have You forsaken me?"

Jesus, minutes before His death.

J  :]

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:34:49 -0700
From: starbliss at gmail.com
To: joekc at adelphia.net
CC: vision2020 at moscow.com; donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Coulter's Dream - from CNN

Gary wrote:

I don't recall making any comment as to whether I believed your assertion of being a Christian or not and I certainly make no judgment with regard to your level of commitment to whatever it is you do believe but,It certainly seems to me that reasonable people could come to the conclusion that you are disposed toward a certain religious ambiguity.

If Mother Teresa (Agnes Bojaxhiu), winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, can have moments of doubt about God, faith and religion, so can anybody who professes belief about anything:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1655415,00.html

"...the Teresa of the letters lived in a state of deep and abiding spiritual pain. In more than 40 communications, many of which have never before been published, she bemoans the "dryness," "darkness," "loneliness" and "torture" she is undergoing. She compares the experience to hell and at one point says it has driven her to doubt the existence of heaven and even of God."

"The church anticipates spiritually fallow periods. Indeed, the Spanish mystic St. John of the Cross in the 16th century coined the term the "dark night" of the soul to describe a characteristic stage in the growth of some spiritual masters. Teresa's may be the most extensive such case on record. (The "dark night" of the 18th century mystic St. Paul of the Cross lasted 45 years; he ultimately recovered.) Yet Kolodiejchuk sees it in St. John's context, as darkness within faith. Teresa found ways, starting in the early 1960s, to live with it and abandoned neither her belief nor her work. Kolodiejchuk produced the book as proof of the faith-filled perseverance that he sees as her most spiritually heroic act."

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett