[Vision2020] Faith and fireworks and the Moscow Chamber

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Mon Oct 15 12:39:44 PDT 2007

Darrell Keim seems to be making sincere and genuine outreach efforts to insure that the Chamber of Commerce is an inclusive and open organiziation.  He has come to LEDC meetings.  He requested to meet with me in my capacity as MCA president.  He has met with many others from a broad cross-section of the community.   Just last month, the Chamber agreed to co-sponsor a forum with the MCA, which sponsorship was critical to getting the GMA to co-sponsor as well, on the marketing efforts of a new local organization, the "Buy Local Moscow" group of locally owned businesses.

The Chamber of Commerce is a very important group.  It can be very important to the town, and it can do many good things in the community.  It behooves the Chamber to increase its membership, as Darrell is seeking to do by leading and reaching out to all segments of the community.  I commend Darrell for his efforts to broaden the base of the Chamber by increasing community membership.  The more participatory the Chamber is, the better, it seems to me.  I have talked to good people from across the political spectrum who care about the Chamber, and I believe that they are trying to work toward achieving the broad community support that will make the Chamber prosper -- and in return make Moscow more prosperous.

Bruce