[Vision2020] Coulter's Dream - from CNN

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sun Oct 14 13:55:10 PDT 2007

The description seems to apply to right-wing politicians and televangelists . . .

keely

Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:44:16 -0700
From: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
To: msolomon at moscow.com; sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Coulter's Dream - from CNN

I wish you would.

Mark Solomon <msolomon at moscow.com> wrote:        "Most leaders of Middle Eastern nations hoard their nations wealth, living in lavish palaces while their constituents live in dire poverty lacking even the basics of proper medical care. They also deny democracy and a voice to the people, and basic freedom of speech."
  Donovan, do I really have to point out the obvious?
  Mark

  At 11:34 AM -0700 10/14/07, Donovan Arnold wrote:  I think you would find most Americans are in favor removing the brutal repressive dictatorships that rule over many Muslims nations. Many of them are very
 wicked people with no morals or concern for the individual well-being of their constituents. Woman are given no rights, non-believers of their faith are killed, as well as homosexuals, or any woman that commits adultery or disobeys her husband, even if she is the victim of rape.     Most leaders of Middle Eastern nations hoard their nations wealth, living in lavish palaces while their constituents live in dire poverty lacking even the basics of proper medical care. They also deny democracy and a voice to the people, and basic freedom of speech.     I personally, don't see how others can agree with the justification of supporting these governments as Sunil does.     As to converting
 people to Christianity, I think that is a separate goal that needs to be done by private citizens exercising their first amendment rights. I don't think you would find most Christians believe you can physically force people into accepting Christ as your savior. It think it is something that most be done one on one with Christ.     I believe that all peoples have the right to a government that is working on behalf of all their constituents and allows people the freedom to explore and find another faith. In many of these brutal nations which Sunil defends the people do not enjoy these rights.     Best,     Donovan

Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com> wrote:
  The criticisms of Coulter are on target, particularly after you look at
other things she has said or written. Here's her gem about Muslims:

'We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to
Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only
Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed
civilians. That's war. And this is war.'

As Carl has said, saying outrageous things is her shtick. But to look at
the quote that got this discussion going and finding harmless explanations
is like digging through her excrement and looking for diamonds. Either way
you're covered with her crap.

Sunil

> > > Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 06:46:38
 -0700
> > > From: joekc at adelphia.net
> > > To: vision2020 at moscow.com
> > > Subject: [Vision2020] Coulter's Dream - from CNN
> > >
> > > Conservative commentator and best-selling author Ann
> > Coulter may find herself in the midst of a controversy for
> > comments Monday suggesting America would be better if
> > everyone was Christian.
> > >
> > > Asked by CNBC host Donny Deutsch what the U.S. looks like
> > in her dreams, Coulter said it would look like the
> > Republican National Convention in 2004
> > >
> > > "People were happy," she said, according to a transcript
> > provided to CNN by CNBC. "They're Christian. They're
> > tolerant. They defend America."
> > >
> > > When Deutsch responded, "It would be better if we were
> > all Christian?" Coulter said "Yeah."
>

> > > Deutsch, himself Jewish, continued to press Coulter on
> > her remarks, asking, "We should just throw Judaism away
> > and we should all be Christians then?"
> > >
> > > "Yeah," Coulter responded, adding "Well, it's a lot
> > easier. It's kind of a fast track."
> > >
> > > "You can't possibly believe that," Deutsch responded.
> > "You can't possibly. You're too educated."
> > >
> > > "Do you know what Christianity is?" Coulter replied.
> > "See, we believe your religion, but you have to obey. We  > > have the fast track program."
> > >
> > > Later in the interview Deutsch asked Coulter if she
> > doesn't want any Jews in the world, Coulter responded,
> > "No, we think — we just want Jews to be perfected, as they
> > say."
> > >

 > > "Wow, you didn't really say that, did you," Deutsch said.

> > > List services made available by First Step Internet,
> > > serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
> > > http://www.fsr.net
> > > mailto: Vision2020 at moscow.com

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

      Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight?
Preview the hottest shows on Yahoo! TV.