[Vision2020] Friday Fireworks

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Oct 14 10:47:13 PDT 2007

It has been painfully evident for the past six years that the Bush
administration doesn't give a DAMN about veterans.

Bush talks a good game.  But, when it comes to actually committing money
(beyond what few dollars veterans realize from a VA fraught with deception),
time (beyond the Fourth of July parades), and effort (beyond election year
photo ops), Bush is nothing more than a leach sucking our soldiers dry and
kicking them to the curb.

I could show you the increase in percentages of homeless, drug-addicted,
mentally ill veterans that have been virtually swept under the rug during
the past six years, but I'll leave that to you fine people to discover for
yourselves.

The Bush administration epitomizes the old saying:

"One casualty is horrible. A thousand casualties is a statistic."

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Seldom, if ever, has a war ended leaving the victors with such a sense of
uncertainty and fear -- with such a realization that the future is obscure
and that survival is not assured."

- Edward R. Murrow