[Vision2020] Christ Church's Memorial on Terrorism

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Wed Oct 10 16:50:06 PDT 2007

Greetings:

I was web searching Wilson's denomination Confederation of Reformed Evangelical Churches, and I came across the CREC "Memorials."  It looks as if they took a page out of the Falwell/Robertson playbook, including the charge that God directed the planes into the towers because of American gays and lesbians.  Please also note the prohibition against women soldiers. Please also remember that Doug Wilson also defended slavery by citing Scripture.

Nick Gier, Proud Intolerista

Intolerance is not a vice when one is intolerant of bigotry, discrimination, deception, dishonesty, bad manners, and ugly behavior

Memorial on Terrorism

Following the acts of terror perpetrated against the United States of America on September 11, 2001, the member churches of the Confederation of Reformed Evangelical Churches—being situated in Canada and the United States of America—affirm the following:

1. Because God is God (omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, triune, etc), all of history is under His control. Nothing happens apart from His knowledge and
without His divine decree. Therefore, we must view these recent events in the
light of God’s sovereignty rather than from the carnal point of view. It is God
who has brought this disaster upon the United States (Amos 3:6). While not
denying that wicked individuals committed these acts, we affirm that God was
active in these events for His glory and honor.

2. Both the United States of America and Canada continue to sin against the true and living God, and His Son Jesus Christ, and have slipped into wholesale
idolatry and polytheism. Our countrymen have done this in the name of
tolerance and acceptance, tolerating everything except the truth. Our civil and
religious representatives tell damnable lies when they say that the faiths of
Abraham and Mohammed are the same, that Yahweh and Allah are the same,
that the living God wants His people to commune with infidels, and that we
regard as enemies those who believe in such a thing as truth (Ex. 20:3, John
4:22, Eph. 4:3-6). These are the lies we and our countrymen bid our leaders to
tell us, lies which we believe to our own destruction. Therefore, God has brought this judgment upon the United States as a warning to her and to any nation that turns its face against the living God. The only faithful response is confession of sin, drawing near to Jesus Christ, and repentance (Joel, passim).

3. Apart from repentance we will find no blessing for our nations in these events. God is not blessing our lands in this attack by drawing the people of the United States together, and the people of Canada and of other nations together, in furthering some sort of humanistic neighborhood. Being an American, or a Canadian, is not the same as being a Christian.

4. It is appropriate for the United States to respond to this terrorist attack by using military force in order to bring the terrorists to justice. Furthermore, it is lawful for believing Christians to participate in this military response.

5. It is not lawful for women to be mustered for combat service, for our Lord has declared it an abomination for women to don the martial attire of a man
(Deuteronomy 22:5). Christian fathers must protect their daughters from being
seduced or coerced into such a circumstance, and the Church must support
them as they do so.

6. It is not lawful to respond in the name of the false gods we currently worship, with a proud and arrogant spirit. The United States and her allies have no right whatever to expect God to bestow blessing upon any military responses so long as our peoples embrace the idols of pluralism, protect the carnage of abortion, muster our daughters for combat service, and honor the perversions of sodomy.

Though it is lawful and right for the United States to respond militarily, if her
people continue to protect these and other corruptions as a way of life, they
cannot expect to enjoy God’s blessing upon such endeavors, or anything other
than continued judgment both on the battlefield and off.

Therefore, mindful of this judgment of God, the churches of the Confederation of Reformed Evangelical Churches set aside September 11, 2002, as a day of prayer and fasting, that we may unite in confessing the sins of our respective nations.