[Vision2020] Oppose Noise Ordinance Modifications

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Thu Oct 4 21:33:38 PDT 2007

Isn't it beautiful that a simple misunderstanding by J
:] could lead to such a teary-eyed example of how
people of differing opinions such as Gary and Sunil
could have a moment of realization that they agree on
this issue?

Tissues, anyone?

Thanks, J :], for giving us an epic Vision2020 moment.
 Perhaps the internet has soul afterall;)

the other, other gc

Gary, Garrett and J. I must grovel a tad. I did make a
mistake (possibly due to not being aligned with the
Kai ) making a signature connection between the two
GC's. After reviewing the original post that J
responded to, Garrett had used his name.
Rock on...
Dave

> Just so Ms. Ford doesn't have to hurt herself
revising her position, I do
> happen to agree with Mr. Clevenger. The ordinance as
proposed strikes me as
> arbitrary and not a little draconian. I like my
peace and quite as much as
> the next fellow but I think that the council will be
making a mistake if
> they pass this over-reaction as proposed. I agree
with Mr. C because it
> "soots my constitution."
>
> the other gc
Modifications

> I note the gc you print at the end of your post, I
suspect J was confusing
> you with Gary Crabtree.
> Gary's not a kirker either. He just votes his pocket
book and supports
> property rights in a similar way.
> Dave
>

>> Thanks for the voucher, Mark. J :] sent me an email
>> a few days ago and I thought he was kidding.
Perhaps
>> he still is?
>>
>> Makes you wonder, though, how fanatism creeps in to
>> someone's head and makes them jump to conclusions
>> without knowing all the facts.
>>
>> I suppose we are all guilty of that from time to
time.

>> Perhaps knowing this J :] will have a different
>> perspective on my thoughts on the issue?
>>
>> Or perhaps he is content knowing the City Council
>> wants to empower the police to give anyone in
Moscow,
>> at their discretion, a citation for making a bit of
>> noise (no specified level) at any time without any
>> warning and without any civilian complaint.
>>
>> Sounds like something the Taliban or Iranian
>> government would love.
>>
>> It also makes me wonder, though, what kind of
vision J