[Vision2020] Judge rules March schoo levy null and void

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Wed Nov 28 06:35:31 PST 2007

This will be my last contribution to this discussion because it is not really going anywhere.

It bugs me that everytime someone is critical of an action (in this case, the Weitz lawsuit) that some people (in this case, you, Donovan) turn this into a debate about rights. NO ONE is denying that Weitz had a right to sue. I have a right to call you all kinds of names right now but that doesn't make it right were I to do such a thing. You are not helping the debate here by implying that critics of Weitz want to deprive him of his rights. Of course he had the right but he should not have done it. We are in a mess right now and the MSD needs to carve out another $1.4 million from the budget because of Weitz's actions. As far as I can see, NO ONE is benefitting from those actions either. Not Weitz, not the MSD, not the students. NO ONE.

Again, what makes me so angry about all of this is that the Weitz idea of more vo tech training is a good one. But that idea is so much further from reality now because of his actions. Why? Well, if the MSD caves in to Weitz's demand, it will only encourage individuals to act this way in the future whenever they want to get the MSD to carry out their own pet project. That is no way to run a school district.

This is not the way to seek change. People to not respond well to this kind of pressure. Weitz made a huge mistake and all of us are paying for it.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
Andreas,

  Are you supporting the idea that the minority has no constitutional right to challenge the actions of the majority?

  It seems to me you may then support President Bush in doing whatever he wishes as long as the majority of voters consent to the action.

  I think it is important to point out that while MSD may ignore the minority 43%, it would be more productive for them, not to mention a lot less lawsuits, if they included them in the decisions. Ignoring 43% of the community all the time is an awful lot of people to be ignoring. Eventually, MSD is going to want to do something that requires 60% of the vote, and they aren't going to get it because they are continuously giving 43% of the population the bird.

  Best,

  Donovan

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  On Nov 27, 2007 5:29 PM, Donovan Arnold wrote:
> Paul ask,
>

> "Has Dr. Weitz tried the more common sense route of involving himself in
>
> the machinations of the school district in whatever way a private
> citizen is able to in order to effect change? Has he made a proposal?
>
> Has he done the research and come up with a plan for adding these
> classes? Has he presented it to the right people? Has he come up with
>
> funding for this plan? Has he tried to make his voice heard in the
> right places? In short, has he done anything other than trying to
> strong-arm the district by bringing a lawsuit?"
>
> Yes, he did Paul. For years. But MSD doesn't listen.

Donovan --

For what reason is MSD required to listen to an unhinged dentist over
*the rest of the electorate?*

-- ACS