[Vision2020] Trades and school

Tom Ivie the_ivies3 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 22:43:49 PST 2007

I've always wondered how many of the trades require math, science, english, etc.  You know the core stuff you learn in school. I keep hearing the term trades and I don't really understand what that means.  I have friends that became plumbers and electricians after graduating from college.  I remember from a math class in high school where we designed roof trusses using math. I think we did angles and some algebra using many real life examples of numerous occupations.  The one that stands out the most to me was an x-ray technician. Do most trades require further training beyond high school?

Tom & Liz Ivie