[Vision2020] boycotting & religion

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Sun Nov 18 08:46:40 PST 2007

Paul,

You are incorrectly describing Keely’s position and talking past her.

First, where does Keely say anything about boycotting Christ Church
businesses? She is merely talking about her personal choice of where to
shop, which you note is her business.

Second, I don't know of anyone who is critical of Christ Church affiliated
people merely because of their religious beliefs. Keely made this point below
but you ignore it.

Third, how can you call the belief that slavery was OK a religious belief? How
can you call the belief that Islam is a religion of hate a religious belief? I could go on.

Fourth, please tell us what you think about some of the recent political actions
of members of Christ Church -- the sign suggesting that three candidates are
bigots, and Dale Courtney's involvement with an anti-levy ad, where he used
the name of a dead man instead of his own name. In light of these and other
actions, how can you continue to think that Christ Church is merely a church?

Best, Joe