[Vision2020] Bad Analogy

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 17 16:21:27 PST 2007

There is a lot that has been written about the analogy between the 'bigot' sign
relative to Christ Church and the 'flyer' relative to the Co-op.

What happened in the latter case is that several Christ Church members
picked the Co-op in protest of the flyer. And Christ Church members
mentioning the Co-op by name have written several letters to the editor.

By their very actions, Christ Church members appear to support the spirit of
the boycott of Christ Church affiliated businesses!

If the Co-op is culpable for the actions of their workers, then Christ Church is
equally culpable for the actions of their members. They are culpable for the
'bigot' sign. They are culpable for Dale Courtney's silent anti-levy
advertisements. They are culpable for Ed Iverson's insults of Islam. Given
this, Christ Church played a big role in each of our recent elections.

I don't know what is going to happen but if the shoe were on the other foot,
Christ Church members would boycott Christ Church businesses.

--
Joe Campbell