[Vision2020] Who is

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 20:39:20 PST 2007

Tom I.,

  Glad you found one.

  Best,

  Donovan

Tom Ivie <the_ivies3 at yahoo.com> wrote:
    ok, how about this one http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/13/AR2006031301658.html

    Ford Faces Renewed Conservative Boycott      By Sholnn Freeman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, March 14, 2006; Page D03       Ford Motor Co. is facing a boycott from a coalition of 19 conservative groups that have challenged the automaker's decision to resume advertising in gay-themed publications after an initial decision not to advertise.
  The boycott is being led by the American Family Association of Tupelo, Miss. The group said Ford reneged on an earlier agreement to stop advertising in the publications and end all charitable giving to groups that support gay issues. The group is calling for members to boycott all Ford-built models, including Ford's European luxury brands -- Volvo, Land Rover and Jaguar.
                 var technorati = new Technorati() ; technorati.setProperty('url','http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/13/AR2006031301658_Technorati.html') ; technorati.article = new item('Ford Faces Renewed Conservative Boycott','http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/13/AR2006031301658.html','Ford Motor Co. is facing a boycott from a coalition of 19 conservative groups that have challenged the automaker\'s decision to resume advertising in gay-themed publications after an initial decision not to advertise.','Sholnn Freeman') ;         document.write( technorati.getDisplaySidebar() );
    Who's Blogging?    Read what bloggers are saying about this article.

   Wayne Besen - Author, Activist, Columnist, Public Speaker
   Copeland Institute for Lower Learning
   gay news blog

  #technorati_link a {color:#339900;}     Full List of Blogs (8 links) »

  Most Blogged About Articles
  #technorati_link a {color:#339900;}     On washingtonpost.com | On the web

            Save & Share Article  What's This?          Digg

    Google

    del.icio.us

    Yahoo!

    Reddit

    Facebook

    placeAd('article',commercialNode,24,'',false)

  "It's a culture war," said Randy Sharp, director of special projects at the American Family Association. By spending its money with gay groups and in gay publications, Ford is helping proponents of gay marriage, Sharp said, which the association opposes.
  "If Ford is going to use its profits to be active in the culture war regarding homosexuality, we are simply going to ask people not to support them through buying Ford products," Sharp said.
  Other groups involved in the boycott include the Center for Reclaiming America, Citizens for Community Values and Vision America. The American Family Association owns 200 radio stations under the American Family Radio name and says it has 2 million online supporters.
  The association first issued a boycott threat to Ford early last year. The group decided to back off after intervention by a big truck dealer in Texas. The dealer and executives representing the automaker met with Donald E. Wildmon, the American Family Association's chairman. At the meeting, the association claimed that Ford agreed to its demands, although Ford disputes this account.
  At the same time, Ford announced that it would cease advertising Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles in the gay media but said the move was a business decision. Facing an uproar from gay activist groups -- and a potential vehicle boycott from them -- Ford quickly reversed course.
  A Ford spokeswoman said the automaker's position has not changed since Ford reversed itself in December. "Ford is proud of its tradition of treating all with respect," she said.

Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Tom I.,

  You listed Christian groups, not conservatives in Moscow. I know strong Christians that are liberals.

  But all the more reason to support my claims that people in Moscow boycott businesses when they disagree with political positions of their owners/workers.

  Best,

  Donovan

Tom Ivie <the_ivies3 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Conservatives boycott all of the time, I have -although more of a centrist I am.  They usually do it on an economic basis. Remember the Walmart boycott of a year or two ago?   I think it was 2005 when a Catholic advocacy group launched a national boycott against Wal-Mart, claiming the world's No. 1 retailer had in effect "banned" Christmas, while promoting other seasonal holidays such as Hanukkah and Kwanzaa. It happens.  Or what about this http://www.creationists.org/boycotts.html
  "To our Christian brothers and sisters:
  Media attention is focused on the war against terrorism.  However, there is another war that is just as dangerous that requires the attention of all Christians.  It is an internal war against the spiritual enemies of our country.  One way we can deal with some of these attacks against our Lord and us is by speaking with our wallets, purses and checkbooks.  Please review the list below and consider boycotting the listed businesses and organizations.  These organizations continue to engage in anti-Christian activities because we allow them to by our inaction.  That needs to change.
  If one looks hard enough, most businesses are doing at least one thing that somehow works against a Christian cause. Therefore, it's not practical to boycott them all. That doesn't mean we can't target a few of the really bad ones, though. We can also focus our efforts on local businesses, because we may have more success in dealing with them.  We have the numbers to make a difference if we will just act. Let us also remember to pray for the decision makers in these organizations who are responsible for these errors in judgment.
  If any of these organizations fully correct the problem(s), we will let you know by posting the information on this page as soon as we are aware of it.  We will also be working on expanding the list below of companies that avoid engaging in these kinds of anti-Christian practices."

  Boycott
            AT&T    Business that pulled funding from the Boy Scouts    Carrier Heating, Air-Conditioning, Refrigeration Corporation    Columbus Dispatch    CVS Pharmacy    Disney     K-Mart     Levi-Straus    Public Broadcasting System (PBS)    United Way

Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:     Tom I.,

  Mr. Glasebrook was out of line IMHO. However, I haven't ever seen conservatives boycotting and striking out at a businesses owner for his/her political beliefs, have you? In either case, I can see why a business person would tread lightly regarding their public opinion on political issues because it can kill their income.

  Best,

  Donovan

Tom Ivie <the_ivies3 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  What do conservative activists do?  anonymous websites? I don't think one zealot's actions reflect the whole.  If that were the case, I would have to include many others in with the actions of Mr. Glasebrook.  Who by the way, I believe has his own convictions for his actions, just as the person who handed out the list -which I have only seen as I visited a website -of course searching for a balanced viewpoint

Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:     Mark and Tom I.,

  I don't think it is Dale because he doesn't have anything to fear economically or politically by stating it was him. Dale has said more controversial things than this and gladly taken credit for it.

  My bet is that it is either an elected official or someone who doesn't want financial repercussion against him/her for stating what they believe, as many liberal activists in this community like to boycott and picket business owners that disagree with them on social and political issues.

  Best,

  Donovan

Mark Solomon <msolomon at moscow.com> wrote:
  Whoever is behind the moscowlevy.com sleaze ads against the school
levy on the radio and handbill fliers is deliberately trying to hide
their identity. The website registration is behind a firewall
purchased from a domain called "Domains by Proxy" which sells web
anonymity. But given all the references to this site on Dale
Courtney's website, it's probably not too big a leap of imagination
to say it's probably Dale.

Look under a rock...

m.

At 11:12 AM -0800 11/12/07, Tom Ivie wrote:
>moscowlevy.com
>
>Tom & Liz Ivie

>http://mail.yahoo.com

List services made available by First Step Internet,