[Vision2020] If we care about public education

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Mon Nov 12 10:26:23 PST 2007

Giving away money without strings attached!!!   Donovan, you are just blowing in the wind.  There have always been strings attached.  You and some of your naysayers ought to go to a budget meeting and READ the budget before you make statements such as this.  The written statement you ask for--that's the budget. And while you are at it, write your own e-mails.  I enjoy getting material from you, even when I disagree with you,  and it isn't difficult to tell when it's someone else.  Why allow them to hide behind your signature.  Your good name is one of the most important indicators of just who you are and you are letting someone else despoil it.  I only answer emails from you when I know you have written them.  The rest I simply let go.

Your assignment for this week:   Go re-read Arthur Miller's The Crucible.  I'm sure you had to read it in high school, but that was one important lesson you really didn't get. And it isn't the one about killing witches.

Interesting how the talk has shifted from the earlier comments on the ballot to condemnation of, in your own words, "a broken system."   Remember the talk by those who brought and supported the suit.  You can find their quotes throughout the newspaper articles, letters to the editor, and advertisements with the claim they only wanted a legal election.  And their message:   "Just re-run the levy.  It will pass just as it always does."  In fact I heard  Gerry Weitz tell the school board, "The patrons will pass whatever you ask for."  Of course now that it is being re-run, he and his supporters are doing their damndest to defeat it.

And thanks for refusing to vote.