[Vision2020] Community COnversations Continue but on November 19, the THIRD Monday!

Linda Pall lpall at moscow.com
Fri Nov 9 17:01:23 PST 2007

COMMUNITY CONVERSATIONS CONTINUE.

TOPIC: 50 YEARS AFTER SPUTNIK: Another education revolution? What can we do here in Moscow?

MONDAY, November 19, 2007, NOON TO 1 PM

UNIVERSITY INN/BEST WESTERN CENTENNIAL ROOM, NO HOST

For information or to RSVP to save a chair, call Linda Pall, 882-7255

The monthly Community Conversation series that began in June, 2006, with the discussion of the living wage and included topics such as downtown development, diversity in Moscow, growth decisions, town and gown relations, housing, and what's great about Moscow CONTINUES!!!

This time the topic is education in Moscow. Fifty years ago, the USA got a shock to its system by the Soviets beating us to orbiting the planet. One of the responses was a revolution in education, extending science and mathematics and getting people serious about quality education throughout the system. What can we do now to renew that competitive edge and make the most of our educational resources? Can Moscow learn from Pullman? Are there models of high schools, magnet schools, new kinds of schools that can help our students get the most and the best from their education?

Bring your ideas, observations and opinions to test-drive Monday, November 19. Please note that this is the THIRD Monday, not the customary second Monday for this luncheon meeting, because of Veterans Day holiday observances November 12. Linda Pall, Moscow City Council member, will convene the conversation and look to you for your continued participation in this dialogue!