[Vision2020] Alert: IRS spoof

Ellen Roskovich gussie443 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 11:03:18 PST 2007

Exactly!

Ellen A. Roskovich

P.S.  They also signed off "Best Regards". . . .

From: privatejf32 at hotmail.comTo: vision2020 at moscow.comDate: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 10:28:46 -0800Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Alert: IRS spoof

There's also, apparently, an "IRS" e-mail going out requesting donations for the "victims" of the California fires.  Again - this is bogus.  The IRS is NOT involved in the funds-raising business and would never make requests through anonymous  e-mails.Fore-armed is for-warned.Personally, I have a huge problem with people that fall for this kind of junk, anyway.  I mean, seriously - why would you trust an IRS memo that requests your SSN?  Doesn't it stand to reason that they already have that information?!J :]

From: gussie443 at hotmail.comTo: vision2020 at moscow.comDate: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 09:01:50 -0800Subject: [Vision2020] Alert: IRS spoofI just recieved an e-mail from the IRS. . . very official looking with flags flying and eagles soaring.  They tell me I have a refund coming.  All I have to do is give them info. . . my SS#, bank account, etc. This is NOT the IRS! I would never have opened it except I really do have some money coming back and I was rather surprised they were comtacting me this way. So be advised and beware. . . trusting little old ladies should be warned about this scam. Ellen A. Roskovich

Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble challenge with star power. Play Now!

Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare! Try now!