[Vision2020] Thanks!...and now to the new NO and CC

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Wed Nov 7 22:18:49 PST 2007

Speaking of which, I wonder what the position of Dan,
and the other new city council members is regarding
the proposed new Noise Ordinance.  As we all know the
new NO needs to be modified.

My exchange with Walter Steed leads me to suggest that
from his initial view that the law was similar to
getting a speeding ticket (he wasn't aware of what the
law really said) to him agreeing that there should be
changes to it:

"I would probably not have a problem with the one
month and times of day."

regarding my suggestion to have the one month warning
and 10pm to 7am time frame, leads me to suggest that
reasonable minds can come to a compromise on this.

Do the other new CC members, and I suppose GMA and
MCA, too, believe this new NO is the wisest law to
rule our town?

Particularly when much of what I heard being talked
about was private property rights.  Are these rights
more important than our First Amendment rights?  Are
they willing to stand up for our rights all around?

I understand people value their property.  But without
our guaranteed Constitutional rights being more valued
and enforced through our elected officials, the wealth
you have is meaningless.

gclev

[Vision2020] Thanks!

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com