[Vision2020] Final City Council Election Prediction

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Tue Nov 6 18:18:41 PST 2007

Donovan,

I understand your point and agree to a point.  I want
competent elected officials, not necessarily
self-serving ones, despite any one or two issues I may
not agree with them on.  I also think people are more
than any generic political label others may label them
as.

My concern is Kit's squashing the legitimate debate
that takes place between all the people you describe
who are on the council and who are represented by
them.

Kit voted against the ordinance last night because she
wanted the motion to consider the modification for the
second reading (hence there would be 1 more month to
talk about this before the third and final vote) to
fail.  Thankfully, the Mayor broke the tie and it
passed.

Kit wanted to vote on the motion, if the above one
failed, to consider the modification with suspension
of the rules, which means that if it passed, we would
now have this new extreme law, minus the meager 1 more
month we now have to wait and convince them that they
can solve this problem if they weren't so stubborn.

Unless it gets hung up in the Admin meeting...

To wrap up, I might not even vote for myself if I
threw out every politician I disagree with on just one
issue!), but at least I hope I would be open to
letting the debate continue, not squash it like it was
meaningless...

Take care,

gclev

--- Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com>