[Vision2020] Prediction/pin drop

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 6 08:29:06 PST 2007

Paul wrote: "Of course people are free to target a religious group with their
boycott merely because they disagree with them. And I'm free to stand up
and tell them how bigoted they are being."

It is worth noting that SOME people have stopped going to Kirk owned stores
ever since they discovered that one of them refused service to a lesbian
couple. This was soon followed by a quotation in the Daily News from their
Pastor that such actions were within the rights of the owners. Which, of
course, they are. So are making up flyers and staging a boycott.

This seems more like a reaction to bigotry than an instance of it. To suggest
that folks don't shop Kirk shops merely because they disagree with their
beliefs is at best naive.

Note I'm not defending the flyer, I'm just trying to help you get a grip on why
some folks have been led to such actions.

Best, Joe