[Vision2020] The BLog and More Political Contributions

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 13:36:02 PDT 2007

Gary,

I think the distinction escapes you because, well, I think it escaped you
again below.  You wrote, 'I was merely calling into question the need to
condemn a man (or his sign?) for making his opinion known.'

I don't think people are condemning him making his opinion known.  Maybe I
should just speak for myself here, so I'll say I'm certainly not condemning
him for that.  I don't condemn anyone for that. [I should say I do yell at
or scold my clients when they make public statements that get used as
EVIDENCE, but that's a different matter.]

It's the actual opinion that I'm condemning.  Not the act of saying it, but
the content.  The right to free speech should be protected, but content is
fair game.

Sunil