[Vision2020] Long Distance (was: ... ~paper Question)

Ken kmmos at moscow.com
Thu May 31 20:28:19 PDT 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 16:56, Scott Dredge wrote:
> Do long distance charges still exist on this planet?

Oh, yes, indeed, they are alive and well in the tariff books of many U.S.
states, and, without a nanosecond of research, probably in many other
lands, too. Especially interesting are the higher rates for calls from
Point A to Point B within a U.S. state, as opposed to from Point A to Point
C in some other U.S. state.

> I've never seen such a charge on my land line, my internet phone (Vonage),
> or my cell phone.

It well may be that your combination of usage requirements and solutions
entails a higher volume and mobility of communication than does mine, so
your calling plans and services utilized do not use itemized long distance.

For those who prefer e-mail over voice, high capacity voice plans may
neither be cost nor time justified.

Ken Marcy