[Vision2020] And Now for something completely different!

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:42:55 PDT 2007

I don't think the article was intended to portray Muslims as in
general as a runaway group of violent antisocial psychopaths.  Further
on in the article it does say there was a "riot which was joined by
Muslim EXTREMISTS (MY CAPS), resulting in Oluwasesin being beaten to
death."

I don't know what the Muslim belief is regarding a non-Muslim touching
the Quran or other Islamic icons, but I suspect it is considered a
desecration.  Are there specific rituals for cleansing or destroying
desecrated items?  I will agree with Mr Gier that Islam in its
intended form, is a religion of peace.  It i's a small (relatively I
hope) but very vocal minority of extremists that paint it with a brush
of violence and intolerance.

Does the Quran or Islam have specific, non-violent methods for dealing
with those who inadvertently desecrate something?  Can we get some
clarification from a Muslim in the community?

Schwaller