[Vision2020] A Contemplation for Mr. Schwaller

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:19:20 PDT 2007

Dear Mr Herodotus,

Perhaps you should read posts before making them.  I do not believe my
posts have been All About Doug, but you certainly seem to want to make
them as such.

"There actually are other people who live in this universe and your
actions really do affect them."

Which is precisely why I answered Mr Hansen's request on registration,
domicile, and freedom to move about the community, prior to Mr
Sitler's release.  I attempted to stay "on task" and offer the
community what I knew to be relevant to Mr Sitler's release, and the
role Probabtion and Parole plays, and the role the community could
play (within the constraints the law allows), in monitoring Mr Sitler
actions.  To my knowledge, none of that information was false,
misleading, or inaccurate.  It was not intendend to tell the community
"You have nothing to worry about" although a number of Visionaries
twisted and still twist it to make it seem that way.

Many people have read my posts and not responded one way or the other.
 I choose to think a majority have found them helpful, enlightening,
informative and educational.  I think it is a small but extremely
vocal minority who are poisoning the well.

The legal system doesn't function perfectly, and Mr Sitler's case is a
good example.  Unfortunately, where things are now is where they are,
and no matter how much you or I or anyone else want to make it
different, we cannot.  Mr Sitler is out and on probation.  We cannot
change the conditions of his probation.   We can do nothing about him
being out unless we see him violate the conditions of his probation
and report him.  You and others may not like that, but it is what it
is.  I will repeat myself:  I have attempted to tell you what those
conditions are, and how he will be monitored - not to put you at ease
but to put you on guard.  These are the things he can do.  These are
the things he cannot do.  He (and other released offenders) may follow
those restrictions, he (and they) may not.  It is hoped we know now
what we can do legally and what to look for when we see these
individuals out in public so we can report any questionable actions or
behaviors.

If providing this information to the community has been a disservice,
I am truly sorry.  I know we are all tired of this nitpicking, and
unless someone has some specifc questions regarding the conditions of
Mr Sitler's and others' release, or related topics, I shall NOT revist
this issue.

Schwaller