[Vision2020] The Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show (May 27, 2007)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun May 27 18:27:51 PDT 2007

Greetings Visionaires -

Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl are once again in unison to the
appreciation of their global audience.  This week's show commenced with a
series of poems and recollections provided by Auntie and Brother Carl in
homage to the life of Officer Lee Newbill and the recent memorial services
conducted on the University of Idaho campus.  Brother Carl went on to read
an article titled "Hard Questions" drawing attention to Idaho's lack of
sufficient mental health care.  The reading of this article was
appropriately followed by an interview of Evelyn Schlatter, author of "Aryan
Cowboys - White Supremacists and the Search for a New Frontier, 1970-2000",
available at "Book People of Moscow".  In addition to this commentary was an
excellent selection of songs dedicated to our town of Moscow, Idaho.

In case you were unable to tune in to today's show, you may download and
listen to it from:

http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com

This week's song dedication goes out to the people of our little town,
Moscow.  Although our town has been (and, most likely, will continue to be)
divided over several topics, whether it be political, cultural, economic, or
preference of ice cream flavor, we maintain a strong bond as community.  In
times of adversity, we place our differences aside and continue to find
common ground.  That common ground was most evident this past week as we all
paid tribute to the loss of Officer Lee Newbill, a link in Moscow's thin
blue line.  After the grief dissipates and the people of Moscow recall their
differences, the "sibling rivalry" may revisit us, as I am sure it will.
Yet, this past week has shown that in spite of our differences . . .

"We are Family"
http://www.AuntieEstablishmentandBrotherCarl.com/We_are_Family.mp3

Seeya round town, Moscow.