[Vision2020] Crystal Hamilton

Saundra Lund sslund at roadrunner.com
Sun May 27 11:15:36 PDT 2007

Visionaries:

While the info about Crystal Hamilton's service yesterday is now dated, I'm
posting the article (below my signature) from the Statesman because I think
it's important that we forever remember all of Jason Hamilton's victims,
including the wife who married him twice.

Also, if anyone knows if the friend(s) who took in Crystal's beloved
companion animals need any financial help caring for them, please let me
know off-list.

Crystal Hamilton and her loved ones remain in my prayers.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
- Edmund Burke

http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/85825.html

Family prepares for funeral of ex-Kuna woman killed in Moscow attack
Crystal Dawn Hamilton's grieving family was in Moscow Thursday to prepare
for memorial service

By Katy Moeller - kmoeller at idahostatesman.com
Edition Date: 05/25/07

The family of a 30-year-old former Kuna woman, who died in a shooting
rampage Saturday in Moscow, has said a memorial service is planned for 10
a.m. Saturday at the Church of the Nazarene in Moscow.

Crystal Dawn Hamilton, who was shot by her husband, Jason K. Hamilton, grew
up in Kuna.

Crystal's sister, Sacha Manion, said a funeral service also is planned for a
later date in the Boise area.

Crystal Hamilton was part of Kuna High School's Class of 1995. Her maiden
name was Jones.

Jim Clayton, a longtime art teacher at Kuna High, on Thursday recalled
Crystal as a bubbly, happy student.

She was killed in her home Saturday by her husband, Jason Kenneth Hamilton,
who took the lives of two others before he turned the gun on himself.

The couple moved to Moscow from Kuna about 10 years ago.

Crystal Hamilton's devastated family, some of whom live in the Treasure
Valley, were in Moscow Thursday packing up her things and preparing for a
memorial service there this weekend.

Although a school official was unable to locate a file with documents to
confirm that she graduated with her class, she is pictured in at least two
places in Kuna High's 1995 yearbook, her long dark brown hair flowing over
her shoulders in one photo and braided in the other.

In a section of the yearbook about homecoming, she is quoted as saying that
it was a time that she'd always remember because the team won and she had so
much fun with her friends.

Under her senior class photo was the following quote:

"Live for what today is, not for what tomorrow may become," she said.

Crystal Hamilton's family has asked that memorials be made to Alternatives
to Violence of the Palouse, P.O. Box 37, Pullman, WA 99163.

Jason Hamilton also killed First Presbyterian Church sexton Paul Bauer and
Moscow police Officer Lee Newbill as he responded to reports of gunshots at
the Latah County Courthouse last Saturday.

Newbill, an officer since 2001, arrived at the county Courthouse shooting
scene with fellow Officer Bill Shields late Saturday. They were ambushed by
Hamilton, hiding behind a wall about 40 feet away.

Newbill was struck twice in the upper shoulder and neck area and collapsed.

Shields suffered minor wounds from bullet fragments which ricocheted off the
pavement and returned to duty on Wednesday, Duke said. Sheriff's Sgt.
Brannon Jordan and 20-year-old college student Pete Husmann also were
wounded, but are recovering.

Katy Moeller: 377-6413

The Associated Press contributed to this story.