[Vision2020] Blood Drive in Honor of Victims, Families and Community, Since Recent Tragedy

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 17:36:09 PDT 2007

I think it is great that people donate blood. But let us keep in mind that in most cases, 95% or greater, that it is only the plasma in the blood that will be used and the rest thrown away. You can donate plasma two times a week You can only donate blood once every sixty days. So think about giving plasma instead of blood if your heart is into doing this more than once. Moscow has a wonderful new plasma donation center next to the Daily News. I ask that you check it out first.

  Best,

  Donovan

Stephanie Kalasz <skalasz at ci.moscow.id.us> wrote:
        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
  Blood Drive in Honor of Victims, Families and Community, Since Recent Tragedy

  This Saturday, May 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., there will be a blood drive at the Gritman Medical south parking lot. The blood drive will be hosted by Gritman Medical Center. This event is being held in honor of the victims, families and community members affected by the recent tragedy.  Donating blood saves lives in our community.

  Inland Northwest Blood Center is the primary blood provider to the Inland Northwest region encompassing a population of nearly one million residents. Your donation of blood or platelets can save the lives of two, three, or maybe more patients in our community. This blood drive will hopefully convince our community members to become regular blood donors or help reiterate the importance of why individuals already help save lives through the volunteer act of blood donation.

  Camille Croft
  Gritman Medical Center
  Community Relations
  208-883-6233