[Vision2020] Antoher Way to Honor Moscow's Police Force

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Wed May 23 11:22:58 PDT 2007

Good Morning Visionaries:

For almost two years the Moscow police force have requested with dignity and much patience that the Spokane local of the Service Employee International Union be recognized as their official union.

After we have seen how effectively and professionally the Moscow police have responded in this crisis, wouldn't it be a wonderful gesture for the Moscow City Council to grant the officers' request?  I challenge them to do so.

Solidarity Forever,

Nick Gier, President, Idaho Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO

P. S. During the Borah Symposium several years ago, an interim UI President welcomed Solidarity Founder Lech Walesa for dinner at the presidential mansion, but neglected to invite any local labor leaders.  Free labor unions and democracy in the workplace are great for people abroad but for some reason they are not honored in the U.S.