[Vision2020] Why 30 times more in the U.S.?

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Mon May 21 15:38:14 PDT 2007

Greetings:

I just did some googling on police killed in the line of duty world-wide.  (Is it so rare in European countries that it is not even recorded?) Only the U.S. and the UK came up and the comparisons are stunning.

The figures for American police shot in the line of duty runs about 50-60 per year. The comparable figure in the UK is 1.8 per year.

Can any one explain to me, other than we are a very violent people, this 30-1 ratio?

I grieve for our nation in general as well as my dear Moscow,

Nick Gier