[Vision2020] Immigration Breakthrough Could Pave Way for Citizenship

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 10:24:16 PDT 2007

I disagree.

This is primarily a bill that would and is calculated to benefit ONE
specific group of "immigrates" - the Mexican.  As far as the others, such as
those from Europe, Asia, Africa, etc, they still would have to go through
the usual channels and hoops to get accepted and/or be allowed to stay in
this country.

I don't think a "blanket covering" for those who BROKE THE LAW to get into
this country is wise or safe for us to engage in.  Give an opening like this
to those people and you may as well hand the keys over to the terrorists
with a huge "Welcome" smile.  Who's to say Iraqi/Iranian, etc, people
couldn't learn Mexican and pass as one?  After all, their skin colouring is
very similar and unless you DNA everyone coming in, how would you know they
are not Mexican?

I think we need to strengthen the immigration laws, not make things easier
for this country to be overrun with criminals or those wanting to do us
harm.

I really have a problem giving a segment of the criminal world carte blanche
on any level for whatever reason.

What other country allows this kind of thing?  None.  They all have rules
and regs that govern who can come in and who can stay.

J  :]