[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Weitz Lawsuit: A Challenge

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 20:07:07 PDT 2007

Andreas,

  Correct me if I am wrong here, but wasn't the permanent levy passed in like 1992?

  Don't the people have the right to renew the vote on that? I was a minor at the time, I certainly didn't ever get a vote on the issue. I bet at least 51% of Moscow residents around today were not able to vote in that election because they were either not old enough to vote or were not living here at the time. Not to mention many of the people that did vote are now dead or moved away. There is also the possibility that some people changed their minds over the last 15 years. Why does someone that has died sometime in the last 15 years or who is no longer living in Moscow get a greater say than others that are in the Moscow School District now and alive?

  Best,

  Donovan

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  > Weitz is to be commended, not vilified, for taking the first steps
> necessary for us to engage in serious dialogue about our public
> infrastructure investments - and to place the responsibility for those
> investments where it belongs - with the taxpayers.

In what world, Jeff, does seeking to overturn the will of the voters
constitute "beginning a dialog"? One would expect that the dialog has
already been had -- those seeking the levy won. It seems to me that
conservatives are only in favor of frivolous lawsuits when it supports
their faith that the fulcrum point of the Laffer curve is at 0%.

-- ACS

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com