[Vision2020] Steven J. Sitler

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat May 12 12:27:21 PDT 2007

I think that Wayne and Tom intended to make a point; that is, Wilson might not be so certain of Sitler's "repentance" if the evidence thereof were to be demonstrated -- and this would be hideous --  within his own family.  I believe the intent was to point out  an unfortunate naivete and smugness  on the part of Sitler's pastoral counselor, not to  wish, or even portray, harm toward any child.  Hyperbole can often be used to illustrate a point, but all of us know that the hyperbole sometimes attracts more attention than the initial point for which it's employed.That said, I think we can all agree that our fervent hope is that Sitler never reoffend and that he would be surrounded by mature adults who recognize the degree of his pathology.  I refuse to sit in judgment of the sincerity of Sitler's remorse, though.  What he did was unequivocally horrible; how he truly feels about it is between him and God and I am woefully unqualified to gauge his shame or its sincerity.  And yes, he has my prayers.keelyFrom: thansen at moscow.comTo: vpschwaller at gmail.com; vision2020 at moscow.comDate: Sat, 12 May 2007 10:31:13 -0700Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Steven J. Sitler

Mr. Schwaller –

For the sake of setting the record (as
well as my intentions) straight and as my final commentary concerning your
response, the purpose behind my support for Wayne’ suggestion was solely to
encourage Doug Wilson to stand behind his words (an act I have yet to
experience from him).

Having said that, I apologize for your failure
in understanding my intention.  Perhaps the theme of my previous dozen or
so postings was insufficiently clear to you.

If you find my apology lacking in any attribute,
so be it.  We are all big boys and girls.

“Uh, how about a 1-strike law. Death
doesn't seem too extreme for a Level-3 sex offender.”

- Dale “Comb-Over” Courtney (August 3, 2005)