[Vision2020] Taxpayer Rights

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu May 10 21:06:32 PDT 2007

Arnold stated:

"Am I wrong to think that there should be some limits placed on what the
democratic majority can do to the minority taxpayer that just feels
completely robbed and stripped of the fruits of their hard labor?"

If limits were to be imposed against the "democratic majority", how would it
be decided who imposes these limitations?

It is really very, very simple.  The very foundation of our government is
utilitarian in concept, the belief that most of the people know what is best
for most of the people most of the time - rule by majority.

Nobody has the right to hand-pick which laws they will abide by and which
laws (or zoning codes) they will ignore, not even the minority.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"The first duty of a revolutionary is to get away with it."

- Abbie Hoffman