[Vision2020] Weitz is a civic terrorist?

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:12:07 PDT 2007

Ms Hovey -

I apologize but I guess I missed your question in your original post.  I'd
put it on 2020, but at this late stage, the impact (assuming there is any
impact) would be lost.

I don't know that I keep track of all the sex predators - after all I didn't
start the posts asking the questions, I just made a few comments, answered a
few questions, and tried to put a different perspective (from that of law
enforcement) on the disucssions.

I did not say, nor try to claim that any response would be an emotional one,
but some will be so, and from my perspective this either avoids or colors
what I see to be the main issue:  is a group of people skirting the law for
their own self interest?  And if so, does this set a legal precedent that
others may use in future ballot issues to get what they want in an illegal
manner?

The answer may very well be "Nope - everything is above board and legal -
pay your money you taxpayers."  Maybe Dr Weitz's intent is to draw attention
to "icky stuff" bubbling under the surface.  A letter to the editor stating
"Hey - I see icky stuff" doesn't do much.  A lawsuit says "This icky stuff
is against the law need to be examined" and gets results.  I guess the issue
will be how much is Dr Weitz willing to pay to get answers.  And if he gets
the wrong answer from his perspective, he'll be paying more to reimburse MSD
for their legal costs.

Now if MSD loses, can they recover costs (and more) since their legal eagles
dropped the ball on this one?  I suspect the case will be dismissed, and I
suspect Dr Weitz will not be saddend by this, because I believe his
rationale is to let the public know MSD may not have everyone's best
interest at heart - including the poor kids and the poor teachers.  But yes,
if I was the attorney for MSD, I would act prudently.  So let's see who
blinks.

Schwaller